Monday, October 13, 2008

Mr. Ryan


He's not yet two. He lives to turn keys and press buttons. He's on the move every minute except he can be enticed to cozy into your lap and read a book. He drives a small truck and pushes his own plastic golf cart. He hugs his dog Sadie and tries not to poke her in the eye. He loves Elmo and isn't afraid to dance to music. When he thinks it's time to wrap up, he politely says "all done" and moves on.
.
He's a reason to choose hope, be kind, reach out, and foster peace in the world. He doesn't care about name calling, political divisions, corporate greed, intolerance, and point-of-view differences. He responds to gentle words, fair boundaries, silly fun, generosity, and every chance to learn.
.
Simple enough, huh?

10 comments:

  1. not to mention those eyes...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say: Mr. Ryan is the 48th president of the USA. He is only a very cute little boy now, but I see what I see. Mark my words and read my lips :-0

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I'll overcome my toddlerphobia and admit he's rather sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like he's all boy… babies do have a way about things… nothing fazes them for long… and everything in life is important… although… everything is THIERS… and that, my friend, is the scary part… BUT, and there is always one of those with a baby… they are creatures of unconditional love…

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a happy, carefree and cute kid !

    But there is a disturbing article here:
    http://blogs.psychologytoday.com/blog/digital-children/200806/are-young-children-cruel

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie!!

    One of the best things my kids have taught me is that life is better lived simply ... the things I get wound up about are really secondary to sitting down to play a game, or draw, or go for a walk, or read a book, or snuggle.

    Ryan is so lucky to have you and JB close enough to visit a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then there is hope for us afterall.
    I hope that all of those wonderful qualities don't get swept into a corner when he becomes a MR.

    I think that an amendment to the Constitution is in order..
    "gentle words, fair boundaries, silly fun, generosity, and every chance to learn" makes perfect sense to most of us not working in the Government or on Wall Street.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanna be almost two. I do. I do. I do too XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is he running for president? I'd vote for him... on the issues and on his good looks:> What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete