Saturday, October 11, 2008

Circular Intelligence

I can't vouch that Italians have special claim to this approach, but it surely is pretty clever!
.
Luigi says to his son, "I want you to marry a girl of my choice."
.
Son says, "I will choose my own bride!!! "
.
Luigi says, "But the girl is Bill Gates' daughter.."
.
Son answers, "Well, in that case . . okay"
.
Next Luigi approaches Bill Gates and says, "I have a husband for your daughter..."
.
Bill Gates answers, "But my daughter is too young to marry!!"
.
Luigi says, "But this young man is a vice-president of the World Bank."
.
Bill Gates answers: "Ah, in that case . . ok."
.
Finally Luigi goes to see the president of the World Bank. Luigi says, "I have a young man to be recommended as a vice-president."
.
The president answers, "But I already have more vice-presidents than I need!"
.
Luigi says, "But this young man is Bill Gates' son-in-law."
.
The president answers, "Ah, in that case . . . ok"
.
And that, my friends, is how Italians do business

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that to be typical for italians, but it's funny ... and smart.

    ReplyDelete