Monday, June 26, 2006

The Thursday Thirteen Written Between Sunday & Monday

Late but not forgotten: A's Thursday Thirteen. 13 little known facts and quirks about me:

1. I love the smell of wood
2. My mother is 90 years old and lives alone in the house my father built
3. I lose my wallet, credit card or car keys at least once a day
4. I am seriously afraid of heights and couldn't sky dive for a million dollars.
5. I lived in Germany for 2 years in an apartment heated by a coal stove in only the livingroom(brrrrr)
6. I've learned to pretty much keep my promises
7. When I breath the sea air in Provincetown and the Outer Cape, I believe I can do anything
8. I'm overweight but in my head still imagine my skinnier self
9. I lent a friend money years back and haven't forgotten that she never paid me back
10. I was voted "Personality Plus" my senior year in high school
11. I develop and present fantastic workshops but have "stage fright" for days beforehand
12. I was arrested for breaking and entering when I was 13
13. Nothing comes close to pizza for the sheer love of it.

5 comments:

  1. i lost my blog altogether in blog purgatory but i am here to say i somehow, uncharacteristically, figured out how to retrieve it. Hopefully if you're reading this i've corrected the problem.

    thank you to the Patron Saint of Blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KJ,

    Saw your comment on my Illustration Friday entry, and wanted to welcome you to comment, visit, drop an email any time. And in looking through your blog entries here, looks like we have a lot in common.

    Oh, and we have a cat named Jasper. How's that for serendipity?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound so interesting,KJ. Not everyone has lived in Germany and was arrested for B&E!

    I also lent a friend money about 15 years ago and will never see it again. After lending it to her, she never brought it up or paid me back, but found money to go on vacations and do extravagant parties, etc. So, I mentioned it to her one evening and I never heard from her again. That was about 10-12 years ago. Nice friend, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your 13 things, your candor is so charming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The smell of wood whether simply being wood or burning is one of my favorites, too. And I'm *so* number three ... lose my keys, my wallet and my glasses daily ... several times a day. And #2 is wonderful -- you don't see that much anymore. My aunt lives in the house that she grew up in with my mom and I love the history in it -- all the photos of our family from the early 1900's to now.

    ReplyDelete