Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Briefest (happy thanks-giving) Mish Mash



This Thanksgiving. I am grateful and thankful and wistful and thoughtful and hopeful and cautious and enthused and insightful and astonished and confused and introspective and active. I don't like that I have friends who must wrestle illness. I do like that every day is another chance.


After my divorce, I had a brief affair with a man who never gave me the time of day in high school. I was amazed that he and I clicked as adults, and for as long as it lasted it was all good. In the darkness he would remind me to count my stars. I've never forgotten. Even the darkest sky has pathways of light.

Here are just a few reasons I am thankful:


Good to know....
the sooner the better


my great family (JB too xoxo)


young artists

(aka Mr. Ryan)

&

a vibrant, tender, wonderful community right here,

at my fingertips.

Thank you for caring

to come here.

Thank you for everything.

HAPPY GIVING OF THANKS

love kj

11 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving darling. Lovely post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post!
    Too bad we don't have thanksgiving here. I think of all the festivities Thanksgiving is the most beautiful and valuable.
    I love that story of the stars KJ!
    I always try to think of all the good things in my life and try to count my blessings every day.
    Today I will make a trip to Rotterdam.
    I will first visit my friend Aulikki and help her (she is 82) to fix up my laptop for her.
    I am thankful for our friendship which started when I was was 18 and she was my age. (32 years ago...)
    Then I will meet Marja and we will eat Satay together. I have been friends with her since I was 4. Thankful that after a break ( we both went our own way) her husband called me and invited me as a surprise for her birthday. Our bond is now forever.
    After that I will visit my Mom. Long story but I am thankful for the way she loved her family.
    Well and that is only for the things I do today I can make an endless list cause there is so much I am thankful for.
    But high on my list are the friendship I have and my family.
    I am thankful to have meat you in real life and to know I have a friend somewhere who one day I will meet again.

    Happy Thanksgiving dear!
    Love
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely happy day missie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nothing to say other than I was the anonymous that you edited out, I don't know who the second one is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy thanksgiving my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you a big hug across the miles. Enjoy your day today and tomorrow! Yumm...I can almost smell the turkey.

    So much to be grateful for....

    Love to all,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have an awesome day KJ and I hope that Destiny hears you

    ReplyDelete
  9. How awesome would it be if zebras were that coloful in real life. Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Friends, family, love, life - so much to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete