1. This tells you almost all you need to know about jb: a clip-on butterfly atop a 1950's style lamp in the living room.
6. Yesterday I planted six plants and today another six--an equal amount of Big Boy and Cherry tomatoes. It is an eight wonder of the world to grow your own tomatoes. For years I didn't have enough sun to do that, and last year I planted too many, but this year's crop should be just about about right.
7. Just outside the kitchen door, under a tiny foyer, this still-in-process nest has appeared in the outdoor overhead light.
8. I don't mean to brag, but this shot does not do justice to my garden-in-process. I love evidence anywhere that a human being has taken some care, or tended to something, and that is how I feel about my garden.
9. To the right of the Magic Cottage, I've gotten in the habit of talking on my cell phone or taking a break in this makeshift sitting area.
10. jb turned over the soil around the lamppost for me yesterday, so all I had to do was pop in these impatiens. Tomorrow morning I will look out the little den window and smile when I see them. 11. The rocks and stones in this well in my side yard were no doubt once beautifully stacked, but the best I can do is plant geraniums in the middle, and a circle of dark purple petunias around them. Not much effort for a pretty nice result.
12. Have you ever had a Hootenanny in your house? Five of my fellow writers in our twice a year Big Yellow writing retreat are songwriters, and here we are singing the night away.
14. These are called Chickens and Hens--mostly used for borders and rock gardens. jb wants them to the left of the driveway. They're too small to stand alone so I have to figure out some taller companions for them.