Thursday, November 09, 2006
Thursday 13: Things that Thrill Me
What a week. 1. Jessica's baby shower was a huge success: 60 fabulous women, a buffet Sunday brunch, unlimited mimosas, and 3 hours worth of baby presents all in one room. Whew! By the way, this daughter of mine is quite a doll.
2. My state of Massachusetts overwhelmingly elected only the 2nd black governor in U. S. history.
3. Look what's gracing my livingroom: Ces' painting, which is so awesome I have no words for it except WOW.
4. Goodbye to Kevin Federline and Donald Rumsfeld on the same day. A thousand YAYS!
5. The next time you have a party, put some marbles in your bathroom medicine cabinet. The first guest who sneaks a peek will have quite a noisy surprise.....
6. Several weeks ago I posted my concerns about torture and politics. I was surprised by how tepid the response was. So I will refrain from saying anything about the mid term elections except for YIPEE! FANTASTIC! THANK YOU GODDESS!
7. Throughout November I am joining many other writers worldwide in writing 175 pages/50,000 words of a novel. So far I'm keeping up, but only because my partner jb is working extra so I can stay home and write.
8. My big yellow weekend writing group included 3 songwriters, acoustic guitars included. After a Saturday night hootenanny in my living room, I am on the prowl for a friend or anybody for that matter who can play enough chords to support frequent sing-alongs. I want to sing with my family and friends (note: this comes from the person who was asked by the catholic nun to only move her lips during those hymns..)
9. It's my observation that people who don't blog don't understand the thrill of it all.
10. Lost, my favorite and only tv show, has lost some of its edge this season. I'm hoping it picks up as the season progresses.
11. I love Christmas. jb and I will have our annual open house holiday party sometime in December, which is notable for significant lights and decorations and quite a spread of interesting food. But the best is Christmas day with Jess and Mike and stockings filled with little gifts that say, "I know who you are and you'll like this!"
12. I would be including more photos in this Thursday 13 if I could figure out how to upload them in the order I want. I am technologically deficient.
13. I am still in love. It's hitting me from all directions. How much can one heart hold, anyway?