Although I've recently "allowed" my writing to become more public, I haven't included any of the work I've chisled and loved for the past three years. I've been studying happiness: who is, who isn't, what helps, what doesn't. There is a growing body of research and literature about these essential age old questions. For me, this will be a book someday, but for now, it seems like a good thing to share some of what I know.
So here is my take on the factors that make happiness possible. I've covered many of them in happiness workshops I've presented, and one of these 12 principles stands out as the absolute hardest to do and the absolute most helpful to achieve. Can you guess which one?
1.Keep It Simple (Unclutter Your Mind, Your Memories, and Your Closets)
2. Stay Present (Correct the Past, Plan the Future--but Be Where You Are)
3. Commit (Find a Purpose and Live it)
4. Give Yourself a Break (Don't Turn on Yourself)
5. Keep Conflict to a Minimum (Walk Away)
6. Laugh & Cry
7. Do Good Work (It’s Not What You Do, but How you Do It)
8. Bend (Choose Happy Over Right)
10. Speak True (Words Matter)
11. Create (Creativity is not Optional)