For the record, here's how I'm spending my time.
1. I suddenly have too many clients, all of whom need time and support. Since I'm self employed, this is good, except it's not good that I have worked all all day today...and tomorrow....and..
2. Does it get any better than this?--I am finishing up my book proposal on Good Work! and this includes some simple but very cool graphic design work I finally purchased. ( actually, i finally admitted I do not have the skills to do it myself, only the intent) One of the "tools" in the book is called the "good work circle" and it now looks colorfully fantastic. When the proposal reaches the agent, either she will like it or I will be back to revision-land. Either way, I'm moving where I want to be.
3. jb and I used our unexpected tax refund to buy a hottub, which as of last friday sits in the back yard with this illuminating robin-blue water light. this is a luxury beyond our comprehension. we are hottubbing at midnight and sleeping like angels, except this morning jb had misquito-sized rashes all over her body. seems we misjudged how to get the water ready....we may be land-bound for the next few days.
4. our new dog Stella is a doll. This dog was abused and abandoned and came to us with soulful cautious eyes. Every day she trusts us alittle more and I am completely in love with her. At 3 or 4 years old, a cross between a german shepard and coon, she has a damaged spine but she jumps and plays and now gives occasional kisses. As always, it is good to love yet again. How nice to be reminded of that!
5. Despite a total ground cover of SNOW this morning, I have pansies and a few perrenials waiting for my attention and for the first time ever I've hired someone to dig up a garden space for me. This will be my first season in our new house and new move to Northampton and I am estastic. The garden will be a half circle, which for some reason excites me even more.
6. tonight is American Idol and Lost--the only two shows I watch regularly. Except that we bought the whole 6 years of Sex & the City and are gleefully watching a few episodes at a time.
7. Ok, I am (probably) (hopefully) ready to lose all this weight. I have enough problems without slugging through space any longer.
8. what else today? I'll leave out the complaints. Noone complains better than I do. I am a very polished complainer, but this afternoon I'm going to behave. Universe: thank you today. I'm glad I am upright and I love the hottub....