Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Here I Am

I don't have pictures. But I can tell you that I am sitting on a couch in a rented vacation apartment watching seagulls fly over the bay, right in front of me through a sliding glass door. I will wake up to the sight of a glorious sunrise also right in front of me for another two months, until the renovation of our currently uninhabitable house is complete.

I can tell you that my partner JB has had a hell of a time with anxiety for many months and we are finally seeing some daylight. Every day she battles and her tools are finally working.

I can also tell you that my daughter Jess has a very good friend who like her also has 4 children and the youngest of her four boys, Devin, age 6, has been suddenly shockingly diagnosed with DIPG. It is a cancer at the brainstem with a zero survival rate. Zero. Not one child has survived longer than 2 years, and it could be 8 months or less. My daughter has mobilized to help Devin and his family and this is no small matter. In three weeks, a statement has been made: "Somebody has to be the first." 

And the answer has gone viral: #whynotdevin 

You can find Devin and his story there on Facebook. He's been on the news and well wishes come from everywhere and he's taken root in my heart. I'm not alone. Please pray for him, send him a card, help with GoFundMe, and pray again for the miracle he deserves. If you know the Pope, please ask him to pray too!

I have plenty more to catch up on here, but I think for now I'll leave it at #whynotdevin. 

I hope all is well in the world of each of you, barring unreal politics. I have finished my book and am editing the manuscript. It is a joyous feeling.

Love
kj

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, I can't even imagine my child having an incurable brain tumor. My son's brain surgery was tough enough, and that was a fixable problem.

    Hope the remodeling continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cs, the shocking diagnosis was bad enough, but to be told there is no hope--not one child has survived in 40 years. But devin's parents are focusing not on why but on why not? My daughter has helped so much. She and her team designed the campaign. I'll try to post the photo of Devin .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers being put forth into the universe. I don't do FaceBook. Can you give me a link to the GOFundMe page?

    Glad to read other areas are improving, especially for your beloved.

    I am hoping for before and after pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8, Google Devin Suau at gofundme. Thank you so much

      I can't transfer cellphone pix to my computer for some weird reason but when I can I'll post photos of the house Reno. Much bigger looking than we expected! 💜

      Delete
  4. So good to finally hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knows that Devin's life would have been like had he lived. It seems a loss to die young, but maybe it's for the best sometimes.

    I've scanned posts back to December, and I didn't find what is wrong with your back.

    Like a train wreck, it's hard to look at Trump but impossible to look away. Yesterday's election went well though.

    ReplyDelete