Following my holiday lament this morning I am now prepared to tackle a meme. My unfinished tags go all the way back to favorite books, but I'm skipping that in favor of "four things". Thank you Ces for pulling me along.
Four jobs I've had:
1. U. S. Army Education Center Counselor: in Erlangen Germany. It was a dream job. I was a civilian counselor on a base with hundreds and hundreds of guys driving artillery tanks. Some needed high school diplomas or college courses, others needed to understand other races and cultures. Some needed to cry, others just needed an ear.
2. Spinal Cord Injury Resource Coordinator. It was a dream job. I got to write and publish a couple of resource directories, develop independent living centers and programs, and help individuals and families rebuild after a paralzying injury.
3. Benefit Concert/Charity Event Director with the Boston Symphony Orchestra. It was a dream job. I got to coordinate a top orchestra performance, mingled with celebrities, and did a good deed all at once.
4. Writer: this is my newest incarnation, after years of owning and running my own counseling and consultant business. So far I have published nothing and earned nothing. BUT: it is a dream job.
Four places I've lived:
1. Herzogenaurach, Germany
2. Norman Oklahoma
3. Newton/Boston Massachusetts
4. Provincetown/Cape Cod, MA
Four favorite foods:
1. Enchiladas verde
2. Pizza, Pizza, Pizza
3. Maki Sushi (california rolls, shrimp tempura rolls, chicken terriaki rolls only at Mr. Sushi in Brookline MA)
4. One juicy cheeseburger per summer
Four Movies I could Watch Over and Over
I really don't have four: I go to movies hit and miss. I like independent and foreign films best and I don't like violent guy or shallow chick flicks at all. Brokeback Mountain made me cry, Harold and Maude is my most memorable, and a little film called Winged Migration, showing birds in their natural habitant and filmed by a dozen pilots over several years, is the most awe-some. The last movie I saw was a DVD of Crash, and it made me very sad.
Four TV shows I enjoy:
1. I LOVED Sex and the City
2. American Idol (I admit it)
3. CNN 10 o'clock news (I don't know why but I'm a news junkie)
4. and my very favorite, LOST !
Four Places I've Traveled:
1. Alot of Europe
2. the California coast
3. Several islands (Puerto Rico, St. John, Turks and Caicos)
4. New Orleans during the saddest time....
Four Places I'd like to Visit
1. Bejing China
3. More of Italy
4. The Philippines (Ces!)
Four Websites I visit daily
2. Yahoo Astrology
3. Is Blogger a website?
4. WebMD sometimes daily
I wonder what all this says about me? (Smile)