1. I'm currently in love with pink zinnias.
2. Peet's coffee is the best--I buy 2 pounds whenever I'm in Boston/Brookline
3. I love to develop and present self-help workshops but I'm a wreck beforehand
4. I am braver emotionally than physically
5. I have been self employed most of my adult life
6. My writing room has a bookcase with glass doors,a roomy wrap around desk, floor length drapes from the 50's, calm salmon-colored walls,and a front seat window view of a very tall pine tree
7. The move to Western Mass. has been awesome. Among many wonderful pieces, I have near-by friends who can drop by for a quick cup of coffee.
8. I'm a better friend in crisis than I am day-to-day
9. I (very briefly--that's another story)owned a restaurant called Tomato City. We specialized in "piecemeals"--all kinds of appetizers--our American cafe version of tapas
10. A friend of mine has been a hospice volunteer for dozens of people. He says nobody passes over alone: at the end almost everyone describes being accompanied by someone they know or trust--could be a childhood teddybear, a deceased grandparent, or an arc angel.
11. And in a related topic, as far as I know, dentists and psychiatrists have the highest suicide rates
12. Sometimes I take a moment to sway in the backyard hammock and then I understand better.
13. I'm an ocean girl but this summer I've discovered the utility and beauty of lakes.