1. Spring unofficially began this week. It will be warmer and I will be able to rake my yard without wearing gloves and a hat. April is my very favorite month: I love how translucid the trees and sky look, and I love the anticipation of new growth breaking through the softened earth.
2. Got to have tulips and dafodils in the house.
3. I love my new camera because I can take more interesting shots, but it is too bulky to have with me when I spontaneously most need and want it. So I am going to splurge and buy myself a pocket sized Canon Powershot 3oo. I don't normally have two of anything but I'm making an exception in this case.
4. Funny how perspective changes everything. The same tulip, just closer.
5. Just a shadow of two people I love.
6. This comment, left for me by one of my special favorite bloggers, Singleton, meant the world to me: "Ahh sweet kj, any time you can get your heart tossed around without knowing why, that means it was worth it. ..you put your all into it...and for whatever reason, the butterfly effect has sent you flying, wings spread accidentally wide, gliding, freefalling into tomorrow. I'm old now, but I have truly learned that a broken heart is the medal we wear when we have loved, been free enough to give...and how lucky are we? Muah!"
7. Look who's moving into the outside kitchen light :
8. I'm driving home from work on Tuesday and I notice black smoke in the vicinity of my house. I drive a little longer and it seems like it may be my friend Victoria's apartment building. A little further and it turns out it's the building next to Victoria's, and it's a hell of a fire:
9. 22 people were displaced and a number of their animals died. My little office on the second floor of the Assinippi General Store burned to a crisp one early morning years ago, and I'll never forget how awestruck and vulnerable I felt by losing everything, even and especially my posters on the wall.
10. I'm happy to report my beloved Jessica, Mr Ryan, and 10 day old Drew Thomas are all doing great. I wish I lived closer than 90 minutes so I could just bop in and help out.
11. Today a seventeen year old client asked if we could "hang out" together sometimes this summer. She said we could talk while we did something fun. I took this as quite a compliment, actually--that she sees me as interesting and fun to be with.
12. I still know love is worth it. And I believe it finds its way even when lost.
13. 99% of the time I get a parking space right in front of where I need to be. It doesn't matter if the traffic is backed up and there are NO spaces available: somehow, one opens up for me.
Hey! How about a few more "Thursday 13's" besides me and Melissa? They're really fun. Anyone willing?