Shorter than usual, but definitely a mish-mash :^)
1. There was a time when all kinds of blog awards were created and handed out. Some people said 'no awards please' but most of us, i.e. me, felt kind of popular and validated to get an award from someone.
So I'm temporarily reviving the practice. But I am being very very selective. Plus I don't know who designed this award so I'm sorry I can't give credit or ask permission, but I think it is beautiful and will be beautiful on a sidebar. To the following two bloggers (friends and artists too) please honor me by accepting this award: (trumpet)
Reason: You cause too much fun creating all the different things that you do. You were the very first person to buy my book. I consider you family. ♥
Reason: I so much like who you are. We have history :^) What a great thing to be able to get to know a wild good person a little bit more each time. And to share the dips and trips of living life. ♥
2. JB and I are starting to look for one maybe two dogs. We will get a shelter dog and I find myself drawn to older dogs, or dogs with challenges, because I think at that point they deserve a good life. For unknown reasons we are looking at greyhounds. Or maybe two dogs who have to stay together. Or maybe a greyhound and another dog not yet met :^) I keep thinking of my Stella and I realize I've accepted missing her. That is the easier part. The hard part is wanting to know for sure she is truly alright without us...
3. I don't remember writing this, though I know it must be within the last year. I think my blog is not the best place for this line of poetic experience, but wherever however, to no surprise to me, words will keep coming....
I knew it then.
just crusted time
which in its way protects
but I was right
that what cannot heal
means fixed and final
which in its way confirms
love grew in a dark place
4. These are handmade lights from green, amber, and yellow-gold bottles. Might look pretty neat over the dining room table across from the little kitchen. JB and I think they are warm, European, artistic. I wonder when we sell the house (could be in a couple of years: could be) will this be a desirable feature or not at all?
5. I want to write a post about this because isn't it the truth?
I am in Provincetown for the weekend. It was not easy to decide to come: I am trying to see my Mother almost every day. But my good friend Heather is coming tomorrow on the ferry and we will all have a good time together. She is running a ten mile road race on Sunday. You may be interested to know that before Heather was a mother and insurance manager and wife and now runner, she was a magician's assistant including being sawed in half, and that is where she met Gordon, her husband, who was a pretty well known singer.
I like when I'm random. :^)