Thursday, November 11, 2021

Back in Time for the Holidays


 Where have I been?

For starts, I haven't been able to access my photos. Just now, I figured out where they've been hidden. 

I've also been successfully recovering from back surgery. I'm not healed but I'm 90% better and I'll take that.

I've had a fun rollout of my poetry book, and to my surprise, my first book, written in 2008, has had a bit of a resurgence. I've just moved it into Amazon so The Light Stays On can now be available in other countries and as an e-book. I have a family saga novel waiting for a publisher or for me to ultimately publish it myself, but I have more queries to send and more to learn before I decide what to do. 

My time these days is balanced among learning how to promote on Amazon--no small feat with complicated metadata and keywords and advertising options; cooking and baking, with flour all over me and the kitchen; and gardening--planting and pruning and prettying up a small side yard that wants to shine. This is the life of someone who has pretty much retired and then begun a second career as a writer. I'm very grateful.

To my friends here: would you like a Holiday Card from me?  Email me your address and I'll be delighted to snail mail you my best wishes. It's the least I can do to make up for all my absences on this still-beloved blog.

I've begun my Christmas holiday rituals: choosing gifts, crafting surprises, planning a pot luck party, and praying for a truly better world (no small feat these troubling days...)

I hope you are well. xoxo

love kj



14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found your photos and you're back:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Pixie, welcome. I HOPE I will find my photos next time too!
      love
      kj

      Delete
    2. aha, so my friend pixie, now I know it's you!
      love
      kj

      Delete
  2. So glad to know you are healing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks e. I keep promising myself to post regularly. This blog is a happy place for me!
      love kj

      Delete
  3. Yes! Let me give you my new address, and I'll send one back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're doing well after the hell you've been through. I've always valued you, and you have been missed.

    Sure, I want a card, and I would like to send one to you also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's on its way, snow. xo

      Delete
    2. KJ, you responded to my comment two days ago, but it just now hit my inbox. I have no idea why it took two days.

      Delete
  5. Dear Karen,

    How glad I am your book "The Light Stays On" made a resurgence, because I stumbled across it by pure chance (or synchronistic guidance from the Universe?) last night while randomly clicking through the details of my Amazon ads I'm also trying to learn. Your book was there! Evidently, Amazon must think we would draw the same kinds of readers, and, holy cow, sometimes those algorithms are just pure magic!

    Had it not been 2 am when I started reading your book, I would have finished it in one sitting. I tore myself painfully away at 70% in and just now finished it. The tears have not yet fully dried! I'm in awe at some of the parallels in our stories and deeply moved by your novel. Thank you for sharing it with the world!

    And I think you re-published yours on the same day my novel, "Awakening Hearts: A Tale of Love Across Lifetimes" was published - November 11th! All feels quite magical. ��

    I'll send you a little email note, but was moved to comment here after reading your blog post.

    I hope you are healing from your surgery, and I also hope you're working on that next book! I'm looking forward to reading it!

    Much love from a fellow author and lover of words.

    Angie K. Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Angie, and welcome. Thank you so much for your many kindnesses of The Light Stays On. I'm looking forward to reading Awakening Hearts as well!
      I have always loved blogging. I've become rusty so it's now a challenge for me to figure out how to link to your blog, but I'll figure it out.
      love kj

      Delete
  6. Wishing you a beautiful, blessed December kj! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello HDWK, it's always so nice to hear from you. I know you asked about purchasing my recent poetry book? I think you can now order it on Amazon. If not, and I can help, just let me know. Here's wishing us both a happy and safe year ahead. I'm glad we stay in touch.
      love
      kj

      Delete