Saturday, July 03, 2021

Hot Off The Press!

NOW AVAILABLE!
In Paperback and/or  E-book
through Amazon 
USA & most other countries

 "Love & Other Annoyances: All Purpose Poems for Hard Headed & Soft Hearted Romantics  is Jasper’s second book, which she jokingly describes as ‘my attempt to combine Dr. Seuss and Mary Oliver. “Many of my poems rhyme in a silly way, but many others look at the natural world for an understanding and perspective being human.” 


Love and Other Annoyances is a celebration of love and life but according to Jasper, “I sometimes sneak in free advice on how to manage the many common events that confuse us, elevate us, make us laugh and break our hearts.” This collection of thirty-five poems focuses on Love. Family. Friendship. Work. Guilt. Chores. Passion. Betrayal. And Contentment.


“My poems are pretty simple and straightforward,” Jasper says. 

Those poets who find meaning

In observing the natural winter life:

That is not me. I want rhymes and rhythms.

My comfort comes from underground

where roots are the flowers of the otherworld.



 “This is an experiment on my part,” Jasper explains. “I’ve agreed to give USA and International Amazon a ninety day exclusive, hoping to reach as wide an audience as possible. But I also want to have fun sharing this book, so my first promotional event a will be silly one:***  


***Currently, the following promotional event is available only on my blog.

Buy two or more books

  and write a review

And I will write a little poem for you!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, kj! What a lovely journey this has been - from the first book to here. And so much has happened in between. So happy for you! Good Luck with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kj, hope all is well with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hdwk, I am well. I hope you are too. I have a feeling I’ve somehow unintentionally blocked some of my friends here, and I’m not clever in figuring it out. Btw, no pressure, this book is available on Amazon India. I love that you’ve been along for the ride since the early days of my first book!
    Love
    kj

    ReplyDelete