Thursday, December 05, 2019

Tis The Season



It's no secret that I love the holiday season. I feel and act kinder this time of year. But I also miss my Mother and Father. My childhood Christmases were always good. My Mother made dozens of her famous chocolate chip cookies, there were always great presents under the tree, and on Christmas Day she cooked a huge turkey dinner complemented with her made-from-scratch raviolis. Company dropped by throughout the day and my Mother made it all special. She died a couple of weeks before Christmas, surrounded by love and gracious to the end. And my Father died before her, in his own bed, comforted and comfortable. I miss them. This time of year the life-gifts they gave me shine bright.


Ha! This is a telling snapshot of JB. Who else manages to take off pants and socks and keep them in tact?


We'll be having a holiday open house in part because it matters to me to offer a festive time to so many folks who may need or want company this time of year. Plus JB and I are good at throwing parties. I had an elective surgery four weeks ago so I'm planning menus from the couch.


And TA-DA! JB has been invited to show her metal pieces at the Bowersock Gallery in Provincetown. This is a prestigious fine artgallery, and she's over the moon about it. I'm so proud of her.


That's it for now. I'll be back. Meanwhile, happy holidays for any reason.
love
kj

13 comments:

  1. I too am blessed to have wonderful childhood memories of Christmas which I hope I have passed on to my children. We all know that not everyone gets that. Good on you and JB that you will share your bounty.

    I really do hope to see JB's art in person some day. Congrats to her.


    BTW - love your new festive banner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8, we hope you see JB's art some day because we hope to see you some day!

      yes, we're very lucky for wonderful memories. I wish you and your family a great holiday.
      love
      kj

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to JB, a swift recovery to you and a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, e. The very same to you.
      love
      kj

      Delete
  3. I tend to warp closer to the Pogues than say Bing Crosby on Christmas. While I do think the most remarkable thing about the season is the abundance of baked goods my family tend to hide the majority of them away from me--the bastards!

    I don't think anyone really strays too far away from their childhood Christmas experiences. Although I must be a brigand of sorts as I do not donate much to the economy in the form of new debt. Scrooge lives.

    Well done on the book and Jb's exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mark, we give our daughter and sil our homemade sugar cookies with icing every holiday season, and they hide them from their kids. It took us a few years to catch on. This year, our 8 year old grandson announced, "they let me have one. Just one." :^)

      Even though I do buy presents for my family and friends, that's not the importance of the season for me. I'd rather share good will and festivity.

      Happiest Holidays, my friend. It's good to hear from you.
      love
      kj

      Delete
  4. Oh Wow! Raining good news all over. Wishing you a beautiful speedy recovery from that surgery. And yes, warm wishes for the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you hdwk. I wish you a great season and a great year ahead
      love
      kj

      Delete
  5. Happy Holidays to you and JB and hope the open house is fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cs, here's wishing you a fantastic happy healthy year and decade ahead. lots of blessings,
      love
      kj

      Delete
  6. DeLovely. Wishing you a peace filled Christmas. This year I have boxes under my tree containing Christmas Past AND Christmas Future.

    Lovelovelove,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. deb, I am so inspired by you and your good fortune. So well deserved and such a life lesson. enjoy every moment.
    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  8. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
    Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
    Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
    Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]

    ReplyDelete