I'm getting ready for a flight of my own. Tuesday, a surgery that I'm advised will (I prefer the word 'could') restrict my activity level for three months. Yikes! No driving for one month, maybe two weeks of real drugs for pain, and no fooling around physical therapy to get my knee and body moving again.
Fortunately I've been busy enough that I am not dwelling on anything but getting organized and thinking I'll do okay. And preparing lists. Mostly lists so JB knows what I know if I'm too drugged to care. But some non-essential lists too:
6 things I want to hear in the recovery room:
1. Wake up. You're alive!
2. You were one of the most entertaining patients we've had in the operating room in years
3. Hmmm, your pain is so much less than expected.
4. You won't be hungry so you might lose 20 pounds
5. After the first few weeks, swimming in the ocean will be good for you.
6. You really enjoy complaining, don't you?
my best friend willa died of cancer eight years ago. When a couple of months later her kids arranged a memorial for her in a large gym about six people who addressed the crowd said willa was their best friend.
This still makes me laugh. i had no idea willa had any other best friend besides me! that she was somehow all of that and more to five or six other people who didn't all even know each other was quite a feat. and not one of us got less from her.
So 6iloveyous from me? It's a good thing love multiplies! To 6 special people, give or take, now and always, thanks for being in my life. thanks for putting up with me. thanks for laughing at my jokes. thanks for feeding me. and JB and Jess, double triple quadruple thanks.
3 very great things:
1. JB and I managed to buy the house in ptown!
2. my Mother likes the nursing home ALOT!
3. Jessica just had a healthy baby girl!
3 pretty good things:
1. i no longer have a work deadline
2. chase is slowly showing signs of bonding with us
3. maybe provincetown in september
3 not-so-good things :
1. rehab for a knee replacement is significant
2. our ptown condo hasn't sold
3. i wish JB could stop working
3 important things to know:
1. Life gets harder so it's best to learn to flow, float and figure
2. What an incredibly beautiful exquisite planet
3.Sooner or later things almost always get better
If I don't post again until I do, I'll be back with a new ability to set off airport security alarms. I know you wish me well and honestly, thanks so much for that.