Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Whether Forecast

Hello Tarot Cards: What can you tell me about the book I am writing? Thank you, kj

Nine of Swords - Reversed



Nine of Swords - Reversed

In the Past position
A card in the left position indicates what has happened to affect your question in the past.

Meaning: Shame. An imposter. A state of denial. Unrequited love. Cruel gossip.


Five of Swords

Five of Swords

In the Present position
A card in the middle position indicates what is affecting your question at this time.

Meaning: Loss, sorrow, regret. Defeat. Overwhelming opposition. Thwarted by obstacles. Loss of confidence. Sometimes being made to suffer the sins of others. Lack of strength and resources. Feeling disoriented. Loss of blood. Misjudging a situation or person. Rash action. Humiliation. Unfortunate meeting. Mercy or the lack of it.


Four of Wands

Four of Wands

In the Future position
A card in the right position indicates your questions future.

Meaning: Repose after difficulty. A prize. Unexpected celebration. Social events. Romance and fertility. Virtue, vigilance, and restraint are rewarded. Tide turned in one's favour. Solid foundation for the future. Alliances and friendship. Sharing. Relief. On a deeper level, the card represents equilibrium and achieving a state of balance, peace, and contentment after a long ordeal. Gratitude. Emotional and psychological well-being.














Swords are about aggression and conflict. Sometimes they break skin. The past and present  are appropriately not great What else should I expect from a novel about love and betrayal?

There are no pentacles (coins, money) in this reading; maybe no commercial success? But many think the four of wands is one of the loveliest cards in the tarot deck. I'll take that outcome any day.


My mother gave me my first set of tarot cards when I was twelve years old. Logic would have it that the tarot is just a game, but I've learned otherwise over the years.

love

kj

26 comments:

  1. Love and betrayal oooh that sounds interesting..heehee..I have never had a tarot reading,never even looked at the cards,but looking at them here I think they are quite beautiful and the explanation of each is really fascinating.Is this your set?xoxo Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi cat, no these are not my cards but my herbal deck is equally beautiful. I think you would be surprised if you had a reading. Most people are :-)

    Love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, an interesting Tarot set. The only thing I know about Tarot is a card called the Hermit. He and I seem to be fellow travellers.

    Hope your project turns out to be both a critical and popular success.

    Blessings and Bear hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, I can see the hermit as a card for you. The hermit is self contained and at peace, spiritual and wise, ooking down on events from a solitary place, with perspective


      kj

      Delete
  4. Why are some afraid of these? Never mind, I know. But I like the whole idea. I had a friend who had her cards read and she was told a situation very clearly that she needed to be concerned about. The reading was very beautiful, helpful, accurate and the situation presented itself as she was told it would; when it did she was ready because she had the time to prepare for a disaster in her life. Crazy. She was very moved by the whole thing.

    This is the first time I have ever seen them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy,there are many decks, all with the same major and minor cards but the renditions and artwork is uniquely different

      I think often people are as intrigued as they are afraid of 'knowing' what's ahead. We want to know and we don't. The cards can indeed offer guidance. Not cast in rigid stone but a path....

      Love
      kj

      Delete
  5. I don't know anything about Tarot. The only experience I ever had with it was a LONG practicing Wiccan witch, threw some cards down for me. She looked at them and said "these are unreadable, beyond what I understand." *shrug* That is about what I expected so I guess they work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear blood rushing to head as I viewed the top card standing on my head.... Gosh there are some beautiful designs in tarot cards aren't there. I have a couple of sets but have never studied them enough to feel confident in reading them...maybe that's something I could do soon. You my darling are such an interesting lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you dear Chrisy xo

    I've been studying the cards for years and I still have to look up interpretations. But these three are pretty clear :-)

    I hope you are well and creative as ever, Chrisy

    Love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know nothing about tarot cards. Can you read min from across the sea if I tell you which ones to pull out of the deck, or doesn't it work that way? I am not sure what I believe about tarot predictions, but they do fascinate me. You keep revealing your many talents lovely girl.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joss, I would shuffle the deck and turn over cards for you. Honestly I don't know if I could get a reading for you across the sea. But I will think about it

      :-)
      Love
      kj

      Delete
  9. this is a lovely set of tarot cards. sounds good to me--the future i mean. good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, suki. Good luck to you too xoxo

      Delete
  10. Kj... Google blocked me three times saying you had malware... bastards
    Hope you are having good writing, and love

    Wander

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Chris! Ditto and likewise :-)

      Love
      kj

      Delete
  11. Totally OT: A friendly soul sent me this link and I want you to see this beautiful flight over the US:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=KcuDdPo0WZk


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wieneke, how incredibly beautiful. It did my heart good. Thank you do much. I put this in my Facebook page. Are you on facebook?

      Love always
      kj

      Delete
    2. Yes, I had the feeling that you would like it.
      No, I am not on facebook..... yet.
      Maybe later this year. I am too busy at the moment to give it good attention.
      Have a nice time in P-town. I have never been there but because of your pictures it is going to be familiar.

      Delete
  12. Im not sure if this is all good, or bad or whatever, but no matter what, this'll be a book from your heart I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mim, it's bad, bad, and good . Thankfully the good is the final result. (I hope)

      I am second guessing this book every which way: got to just keep at it anyway :-)

      So happy about your vacation !!!!

      Love
      me





      Delete
  13. Kj, I was getting worried until that last card :-).
    I have 3 decks myself, but over the years I stopped using them, my intuiton is all I use now.Seems to work.
    I wish you all the best with the book.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie, I was worried too. Awful cards, those first two !

      I will probably always read cards. I go through spurts. They mostly amaze me

      My fingers are triple crossed for your show. I predict at least two pieces will be chosen xoxo

      Delete
  14. Thank you , thank you for you kind words left at my blog. It means so much to me. I really appreciate it. Sending you a massive hug.
    Blessings
    V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bee, hugs happily accepted :-)

      Life is so up and down. The good news there is the assurance that most downs are followed by ups. Must be physics :-)

      Love
      kj

      Delete
  15. Will it hurt?? LMBO!!! Oh my goodness thanks so much for that fabulous laugh this morning. I needed it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete