Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Holy Moley!!

.
THIS.....
.
.
WAS THIS.
.
.
THIS...
.
.
IS NOW THIS.
.
.
AND THIS...
.

.
IS NOW THIS!
.
.
AND, LIGHTS DIMMED, THIS.
.
.
Holy Moley! In one day my kitchen has been transformed. It's not finished, but it's clear that JB and I were right about opening up the space and removing the large block that held the double oven.
.
Forgive me for strutting the changes. I am over the top excited. We stumbled across a kitchen counter sale at Lowe's that is allowing us to add a corian counter top for 50% less than the regular price. All in all, this is an official low budget make-over, but I'm now convinced it is going to look feel and work just fine here at # 9.
.
Oh yippee happy day. It's just a space in a little house, but for me it's another example that the little things aren't little (my current theme for the new year).
.
Love
kj

13 comments:

  1. Wow! what a difference! i'm so impressed with your vision, how did you see that? But of course, it's the perfect thing to do, it looks awesome kj!

    I forgot to say on the first kitchen post that i love those dish towels! your house is so cute.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lori, i had hope, but i honestly didn't know it would look so right! opens everything up and yes, those dish towels are so you! (and i guess so me too) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it's beautiful...and wow you did this yourselves...congrats...and I realllly like that dimmed lighting...so romantic darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful - so open and welcoming

    ReplyDelete
  5. It beautifully opened the space up..congrats looks lovely. How a lil bit of planning changed the look is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Kj! It really opens up the room. And it is big, not little. To those of us who do not own our own home we can only dream of things like this. It is very, very big! Congrats.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So now not only do you still have more counter space than us, you have a bigger looking kitchen. If i had a jealous bone in my body it would be throbbing right now.

    Excuse me while I go take some pain killers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it was a perfect decision!! I love open space and light. Cozy is good too, but I don't think it will change the cozyness of the reading nook :)

    Hugs to Ms. Stella and mom. ((♥))

    and love to you!
    xo♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Chi is moving now!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice - it looks much more inviting like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow KJ!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love this change!
    so much better. Thought it was a great idea but now that I see it know it was a brilliant one!
    My kitchen is separate and when we have guest I hate it to be isolated by what is going on and said......

    My exam went right :) So now I can concentrate on fun things again.

    ♥♥♥
    >M<

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love makeovers!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh...maybe next year for my kitchen. I'd be happy with refaced cupboards and corian counters without any structural changes. This year, just going to paint my bedroom and bathroom and get a new storm door...

    ReplyDelete