Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'll Take It! Plus a Too Rare Give-a-way

I read tarot cards. My 'career' in this area began when I was twelve and my Mother bought me a James Bond tarot deck for Christmas. :^)
.
I am always amazed by my accuracy in interpreting the cards. The theory as I understand it is that time is not linear; thus the past and the future are can be as known and accessible as the present. Somehow that energy and accessibility travels through the reader and into the cards. That's the best I can say. I won't be surprised if my friends and visitors here will have more to add.
.
So something occurred last week that woke me up, opened my eyes, and inisisted I see a situation for what it is and will be. Life has a way of turning over and offering itself all over again.
.
Tonight I did my own three card reading about my open-your-eyes event:
.
.
.
This card represents an important element of the past. The Empress: The essence of femininity and matriarchy. Creativity, productivity, and the foundation of civilization. Initiative and practical actions that promote prosperity, comfort and luxury. Fruitfulness and motherhood.
.
.
.
This card represents a deciding element of the present. Four of Swords (Truce): A time of tranquility and intellectual repose in the midst of a great struggle. A temporary retreat from stress to regather inner strength, reaffirm convictions, reorganize thoughts, and formulate a new plan. The need for vigilance in a moment of calm. May suggest a withdrawal from the material world to find spiritual guidance. (editorial comment: Yup)
.
.
.
This card represents a critical element of the future. The Magician: Mastery over word, mind, and matter. The ability to turn ideas into actions, handle problems, and control one's life. The initiation of new projects, great works, or a new way of life. Eloquent and moving communication. Arcane and eldritch technologies.
.
What does this mean for me?
.
This is what I think: I'm back in the driver's seat. I can write my book and live my life. I can nudge my wishes and will into realistic territory.
.
.
Now then: Would you like a tarot reading? I don't do give aways often enough, so it will be my pleasure to offer a give away tarot reading. Just leave a comment you're interested and I will write out names, put them in my Annie Sweet Pea bowl, and ask Mr. Ryan to close his eyes choose one. (the 'winner' will have the option of a private email reading, if preferred) If there is something specific you're wondering about, include a question. (First readings are often more general than specific, but I'll do my best to shuffle in a question into the cards.)
.
By the way, I no longer use a James Bond deck. I have Herbal cards, bought at the gift store at Big Sur and replicated a couple of years ago, when they went hiding on me for a while.
.
And by the way: do you believe?
.
Love
kj

23 comments:

  1. Oh yes I'd like a reading. I just got made redundant! So much for my 'wonderful' year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too want a reading !
    Yes, I believe some people have the power to read the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shuffle my name in, please.
    I have had a few Tarot readings in my life and thought they were great indicators of what I needed to be paying attention to, heeding, celebrating, anticipating.

    You are such an interesting woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly I do believe. There is much more between heaven and earth... and so on. So please put my name in the bowl, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A priestess of Wicca with 30 years in her practice one time threw three cards for me. She said she had never seen the cards come out that way before. She said she could not tell me what they meant. That was the end of that. I knew the answer before she flipped the cards. I'll pass on the reading KJ.

    I have politicians to work on for now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I love the Tarot and I have several decks, though nothing so cool as the James Bond deck. I have not read my cards for many years, but I think they are helpful, though never the last word. I would like my reading to be private, should I win. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely explanation of tarot -- i am so interested in this and would love to learn more -- thank you for this peek into a fascinating subject. would love a reading so please put my name in the hat for mr. ryan.

    but a james bond deck?? somehow that seems like an oxymoron -- the herbal cards from big sur sound so much more mystical ;-)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes. I wanted one this fall at YART but was soooo tired for some reason i had to move on before it could happen.

    actually i just unpacked my own Ryder deck like this one, but the herbal tarot sounds cool.

    to me your tarot spread sounds auspicious and exciting.

    on one of your posts I read you had written 100 pages. I didnt comment but wow am i excited. this is fabuloso.!!! Really. I hope you get that quiet time ahead to bring it all together.

    I've not been commenting on blogs for a few days or even posting on my own, but i have been reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I collect Tarot decks. I love the art on them, but have never felt very adept at reading them.
    I would love to have reading, I do believe, I do believe.
    I do not have the James Bond deck though ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. hells, made redundant? you are so not that, and certainly not without your permission. i've got your back girlfriend! xo

    sidney, i kind of hope you win....
    xo

    mwah lydia. 'great indicators' is about right. ♥

    wieneke, yes, yes, yes xoxo

    mark, you have no idea how much i now want to know the answer you knew! what are you working on? i just flipped three cards for you and they are all pentacles. , the six (generosity), the queen (security) and the three (planting the seeds). :^)

    angela, tsup! ♥

    annie, i use my deck for years and years. i like to think i've shuffled MYSELF into those cards!
    xo

    amanda, yes, james bond! but remember: i was only twelve and my Mother bought them :)

    for all your support suki, from day one, thank you so much. yes 100pages first draft only. you 've seen some of those pages. and your tarot deck, i recommend a self reading, with accompanying tea, this very night :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. if I don't win this one you can be sure I'll show up at your doorstep for one ;)

    I'd say you drew three pretty cool cards missy!

    xoxox
    Lo♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always had mixed feelings about Tarot readings....but like Suki, I wanted to have one last year at YART.... just not enough time....

    Perhaps this year?

    Love,

    ♥ Cupcake ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kj I'd love a reading! Renee read my cards about 6 months before she died. Sure miss her. I will email soon KJ hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course, I believe! And I love how positive your cards were, past, present, and future. They fit you, btw.

    Please put me in the goldfish bowl!
    Tarot Reading: Margaret Pangert

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lo, come knock on my door: i'll read your cards and feed you pumpkin bread :)

    robin, this year: count on it!

    camille, sure miss her too. everyday. i will love your email ♥

    margaret, you're in. i admit i'm partial to cup (love) cards. i'm always looking for those :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Tarot reading! Have never done it but would love to have a reading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm late, I'm late! Haha! I read cards as well, and you've got great cards there. I'd love a reading from you, dear kj.

    I have just recently been in touch with the designer of the Lovecraft tarot and he's sending me some prints. I'll be doing a post on his amazing generosity, just as soon as I get back home!!

    Sounds like things are going really well for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cool is this!!Not just the generous giveaway reading,but the explanations for the cards you picked out,well,its really interesting stuff.Yes I would love to be picked to get a reading..and now my brain is spinning with the idea of using Tarot cards in my mixed media work...ooooh with explanations like that..I just have too!!hehhhee!!Big Hugs,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  19. exchange host, i'm happy to include you in the drawing and thank you for visiting my blog, but i need to know more about you. i clicked on your name and was directed to a business?

    marion, i can't wait to see those prints and i can't wait to talk to you about the tarot, and about your new grandbabies. ♥

    how what a great idea that is, cat!!! now you've got me all excited! xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know about my passion for the Tarot. I too learn to read the cards at an early age and innocently brought them with me to the convent where they were promptly confiscated and me sent to solitary.

    As with everything else denied to me without explanation, it made me want to know about it twice as much as I did before. So I made my own deck using half side for the minor arcana and full pages for the Major arcana.

    I painted secrets representations so the Nuns wouldn't get a single clue. The Empress was so similar to Mother Mary that no one could ever make a connection. Loved them ever since. Over the years I have collected some I find irresistible.

    Yes, I would love to hear what your reading would tell. Often I just, for no valid reason, pick one card and think about someone I have no heard from for a while. It is really curious but I get a clear vision of what is going on and sometimes, although some intervening time has passed, if they make a comment about a certain issue it never fails to be related to my reading of that card.

    "Merry Meet and Merry Part, with the hands holding the cards"

    ReplyDelete
  21. I posted about my tarot reading by you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I would love to be in the hat!
    When I start reading your post I thought about what Lo told me once that you were very good at this > I thought too bad I wasn't long enough there to witness a reading.
    It is all about the right interpretation I think. That is a talent!
    I love all these card decks. I have a tarrot one as well (the Crowley tarrot)and a big book but I haven't done it so far. Too much to learn here I guess.....
    Wish the day had 48 hours.

    ♥♥♥
    >M<

    ReplyDelete