Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bright Lights


.
.
The city of Springfield has a checkered history. It is the second largest city in Massachusetts and in recent years has carried the burden of poverty, struggling its way out of bankruptcy and federal receivership.
.
And yet.....
.
Its park has a Holiday Lights display that is spectacular. It takes almost a half hour to drive through, with one and then another themed light arrangement that glows and excites.
.
Take a look:
.
.



















.
.
Lights are one of my favorite parts of the holidays and actually throughout the year. Some nights I light one candle and just sit and sigh, pondering and accepting my place in the game of life.
.
Have I told you that I have strung the lights on our Christmas tree for the better part of 25 years and EVERY single year, either immediately or within a day or two, they do not work.?
.
This year I swore I would throw the tree out the front door onto the lawn if they flickered and failed, and sure enough, in just over 12 hours, they flickered and failed. $$#@@@&&!!!!
.
JB found the blown fuse tonight and the lItalicights are back on. Until then, I didn't throw the tree outside but I did kick it and yell 'Fuck Damn' at it with emphasis.
.
I'm my own bright light when I get going. :)
.
Love
kj

12 comments:

  1. you are too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hope your lights continue to burn brightly and you enjoy your holiday. I too enjoy driving through town looking at all the lights on homes and buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lights always make me warm inside.
    They speak to me of joy, and hope.

    And candles give me that same peaceful feeling. Often, it looks like a seance here,,,and I love it.

    ( I might have kicked the tree too though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lynn, thank you for saying i'm funny. heehee, i do try :)

    babs, oh ms seance-eris: what is in store for me? i will pay you up to $ 3 for seance-y guidance, as long as there is not an extra charge for the candlelight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Lights are one of my favorite parts of the holidays and actually throughout the year. Some nights I light one candle and just sit and sigh, pondering and accepting my place in the game of life."

    This sounds like music and poetry to me, kj!

    hugs,
    Silver

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm....don't you buy the lights that don't blow out when one goes off??? I think they make those.

    But...how would a good jewish girl know that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!

    It's festive time, enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you mean you didnt lie on the floor and kick your legs in the air screaming?

    The Spgfld lights are gorgeous. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh dear you do seem to be cursed in the christmas light department! i wonder how all these pretty lights you've shown us stay lit throughout the season. perhaps you could ask them nicely where they bought theirs?? :)

    i'm crossing my fingers for you this year sweet kj (but only for a second, must. keep. knitting.)

    love,
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning KJ! I feel better to see that your treelights blowing out made everyone laugh!
    (I didn't mean to laugh out loud when we spoke yesterday......but, it was funny - particularly the way you tell it!)

    Anyway, glad the lights are back on! (My new ones seem to be working too!) Lights - be they bright holiday ones or glowing candles DO warm the heart and bring hope and peace to the heart. I love those Springfield lights!

    Sending you, JB and Stella many hugs from stormy San Francisco!

    Love,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys go all out? I am so not Christmassy and I can't work out why but yes, we'll do the lights tour next week and hopefully I'll feel a little more Chrisassy. Yours are lovely. I just bought 200 LED lights so maybe . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your lights kj and I especially liked the blue light flying out of your mouth. That was a perfect expression of unbridled frustration. Yay, for the fuse finder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your own bright light --heh. ;)

    I LOOOOOOOVE the lights at Christmas!! I am the idiot forty something hollering oooohhhh and ahhhh over everything sparkley. Lost boy says you cant hold a decent convo with me at night, in the car until January. :-)

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete