Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Weathered Look of Whethered Weather

.
What should I write
.
on this quiet night?
.
I ask my friend
.
to help me fend.
.
Weather, she said.
.
Weather instead.
.
Weather and Whether
.
straight from your head.
.
Okay, okay

it's weather today.
.
.
Ode to Weather
.
Am I insane
.
to love the rain?
.
To let my feet
.
Get soaked complete?
.
Keeping dry?
.
I don't even try.
.
.
Do I get toasted
.
When I get roasted?
.
I let sunlight through
.
And when I do
.
I'm cozywarm
.
in a sun filled storm.
.
.
I love to see a saucer moon
.
Just above a sandy dune
.
I like the glow
.
It helps me know.
.
Hello Moon, here's the deal:
.
I love those beams that aren't quite real.
.
.
And when the wind whistles
.
I feel grand tickles
.
Even if I blow away
.
I'm confident I stay
.
Planked to ground
.
Lost but here--found!
.
.
Whether weather
.
is a feather,
.
a piece of leather,
.
a trendy setter.
.
I love it all
.
spring or fall
.
snow or sleet
.
Whether complete.
.
.
So my friend
.
I'm at the end.
.
Weather I tried
.
I hope I complied.
.

10 comments:

  1. I love your weather & whether

    I love the wind

    x robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one heck of a nice poem. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me thinks you should ask the weather whether or not you are a masochist? you like snow & rain? You are insane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are days when I love to see the rain or snow, especially when I'm home. There is something amazingly cozy about it, and I love that my plants are being watered for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. clap clap clap bravo!

    how CLEVER.
    i LOVE the weather

    poem.

    but my dear
    what's the deal?
    moon beams
    aren't real?

    and i too love the rain
    it's the snow
    i don't know.


    xxx
    lori

    p.s. when i rhyme
    like a silly goose
    it kinda reminds me
    of dr.seuss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not feeling clever enough to rhyme back to you today :(

    I did enjoy yours though! And Lori's and Walking Man's.

    yet,

    Dare I be so bold
    to say I HATE the cold?
    But I love the snow
    and the quiet glow
    of embers burning in the fire.

    Summers heat makes me feel beat,
    humidity knocks me off my feet.
    Trouble breathing, tempers seething,
    a nice chilled wine, somewhat appeasing;)

    It's Fall that I like best of all,
    crispy breezes, confetti falls
    around my feet and fills the streets~
    Yes, this season is hard to beat.

    xoxo♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Written by Emily???

    The verse gives a fresh feeling. Sort of Lewis Carroll effect.

    While reading I recalled age old famous Bengali (India) poetry.

    I remember once I tried to write a 'nonsense verse' but couldn't weave sense in nonsense so I stopped there. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure complied in my book! Yes, all sorts of weather are exciting and the best reminders that we are alive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. robyn, i love the wind too but even more i love the sun and the moon :)

    why thank you ms. mim

    mark, definitely insane, i don't even complain

    cs, yes, i too love the cozy part of it all. this time of year i can burn wood in my fireplace and that scent and sound alone is instant cozy for me.

    lori, what was i thinking
    i must have been drinking
    of course moon beams are true
    and good friendship too

    lo, no poem you can write
    when not not feeling right?
    hahahaha!
    you rhyme like your art
    i love every part!

    shubhajit, i was just thinking about 'the cat in the hat' and wishing wishing i could rhyme like that. it's not to be because i'm not dr. suess but me. still i love to try and love when you stop by. ♥

    lydia, sometimes i have TOO MANY reminders that i'm alive!!!! but i know what you mean. the world's quite a scene.



    and part of the deal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must be wet where you are. Fun poem. Pretty hydragena too. Mine all all gone.

    ReplyDelete