Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Untitled

Not much to say about this poem except it's the result of a string of days changing one word and then another. Not one line rhymed when I started, but I have begun to face a reckless truth: I'm a rhyme addict. I love to rhyme. Most of the time. Symbols and chimes. Oh, don't get me started.

.

When I was pretty young, I would listen over and over to Roy Orbison's "Love Hurts" and cry every time. This poem is perhaps is my version of the same.

Hope's buried


in the sound




absent space


gone underground



Wild wanton


reckless time


hanging laundry


on the line

Dripping intentions


faulty signs


hurricane hearts

chiseled too fine


prayer and effort

held too tight

No harm done


not tonight

no blame

no wishes

no right or wrong

no shared secrets

.

Love's too hard

Devotion too brief

No comments:

Post a Comment