I told jb I planned to write a "Thursday 13" on reasons I feel good about myself.
Silence. "Don't you think that's alittle vain?"
Me: "I was thinking it might be inspirational".
jb: "What will you say?"
Me: "I'll write about some nice things I've done.
jb: "If it's not vain, it might be boring"
Me: "I thought I'd give myself credit for a few things that might help someone else."
Silience again. "What other topics are you thinking about?"
Ok. That ended that. I'm leaving it at the following few kj facts: I try. I care. I see. I'm fun.
In hope of a non vain, non boring Thursday 13, here then is a hum'drum update on life in general:
1. I am still recuperating from my back surgery. I can now admit it was a major deal and it's been hard. I'm spending a surprising amount of time on the couch.
2. Friday I see the surgeon and hope he will tell me I can move and bend without being my paranoid hypocondriac self.
3. I can't stand the fact that I won't be planting spring bulbs and fall mums this year. This screws up my ongoing plans for the yard, not to mention the little stone border .
4. Our local friends have been great: offers to walk Stella, dropping by with lunch, even stacking some firewood. I am again aware how difficult it is for me to be vulnerable. I'm really really really trying to be myself in all this, including the vulnerability, but it's not easy.
5. I went to physical therapy yesterday and she said I am doing great. I probably am...
6. Any suggestions for babyboy names?
7. The first time I ever used e-mail, I knew I would love it. I never guessed I would love the blogs. Sometimes I sit in wonder at the range of creativity I experience from them and how genuinely smitten I've become. Since I tend to gallavant, I am certain I will meet certain blogger friends someday, and I would have never guessed that either.
8. I find CherryPie very fascinating. I love her spirit and her wit.
9. If I were to write about reasons I feel good about myself, I would say I made a lasagna for my grieving neighbor the night before my surgery. Her husband Steve died when he shouldn't have.
1o. The book proposal was finished and mailed (yay!) on Monday. Now I wait for my agent's response and hope she and I are both ready for the next steps. If not, I'll make new decisions, but there's no stopping me ..
11. My recuperation has led me back to Book # 1. I redid the outline and table of contents and I'm falling in love with it all over again.
12. I wonder if I should/want to start presenting workshops again. I know they matter, but they take alot out of me. I'm thinking this because the "little workshops on happiness" would propel again me into material for the book.
13. jb and I have a four day weekend ahead. Next week I can drive again and I'm channelling that I will be well more my old self by then.